Where to Go, What to See
Looking for something to do in Jacksonville? A stop at Lejeune Memorial Gardens is a must. There, you can visit several memorials honoring the brave men and women who protect and serve our country.
Looking to get closer to nature? We welcome you to spend time in one of our beautifully landscaped parks or stroll through some of our 17 miles of railways.
Nature and adventure await on the water! Enjoy a kayak or paddle board excursion on the New River or take a boat out for some fishing on the Atlantic Ocean.
You'll discover even more beauty and history in downtown Jacksonville. Currently in the swing of revitalization, be sure to check out great local eateries and shops in the downtown area.
Plan your visit:
Immerse yourself in the military history and culture of Jacksonville, and plan your visit around one of our upcoming ceremonies honoring our brave heroes.
Coming up this month, the Montford Point Marines celebrate 75 years of service with a Congressional Gold Medal Ceremony. Four Montford Pointers recently identified will be posthumously recognized for their service as some of the first African-Americans admitted to the Marine Corps. Learn more about the ceremony and the history of the Montford Marines here. The ceremony is open to the public.
Plan your day:
- For those who love to eat or shop, you'll find no shortage of local and chain stores and restaurants in Jacksonville. Many are conveniently located along Western Boulevard.
- Take the family out to one of our fun festivals or events!
- Visit Lejeune Memorial Gardens.
- Stroll through one of our beautifully landscaped parks or check out some of the 17 miles of trails and greenways right in the City.
- Find adventure on the water!